Sunday, January 5, 2014

I FORGOT CHRISTMAS!!!

As I was looking back over the blog and where I left off, I realized I never talked about CHRISTMAS!!! How in the world did I forget it?!
So, even though its late here is Christmas...

Christmas was great this year! It was Juliet's First Christmas at home and she loved all the decorations. She would crawl to the tree every morning and see how many ornaments she could pull off before I got to her. She loved to "watch" the tree and lights and always seemed to be looking for something. It was so sweet to watch her "dance" to the Christmas music. Christmas morning was fun as she is almost old enough to enjoy opening presents. Thankfully, her older siblings helped her with opening them and setting up her toys. I think her favorite time of day was Christmas dinner. I think she ate 3 helpings of ham along with roles and sweet potatoes. All the present opening made her a tired girl!
Grandma came for Christmas this year and it was great to watch them interact for the first time in a while. Juliet really enjoys people and loves to watch those around her.

As with every holiday, it was bittersweet. I don't think Christmas hit me as hard last year because Juliet was still in the NICU. This year, having her home and our "whole" family together made it even more obvious that Jacob is still missing.  I hung all of our stocking up with year, Jacob included and I love the way it looks. If only just with our stockings, we are all together. I also started a new tradition in honor our sweet boy. Every year, on Christmas day, I will write Jacob a letter and stick it in his stocking. It will stay there, and as the years pass, I will be able to see what has gone on and how life has changed, while my love for Jacob stays the same. He will always be a part of our lives and especially our holidays. Day by day we keep moving, but we never forget our guardian angel that brought Juliet to us.





No comments:

Post a Comment