Monday, December 17, 2012

We hit another huge milestone!

Three pounds!! Juliet is now just over three pounds. This may seem like an odd thing to be excited about, since that is still smaller than anyone would want their child to weigh. But for those of us who have seen a baby that weighted a little over a pound, this is a huge step. Every ounce she gains means her body is developing more. Her lungs are growing and able to support her body better. Her heart is able to pump more blood through those veins, that are now just a hair bigger. Her brain is growing and maturing. Her organs are working correctly and maturing and growing to sustain her. Every ounce is a big step for her and we are so ecstatic that she is continuing to improve.
For the first time, she smiled at me when she heard my voice. There is no greater joy in a mother's heart, than realizing that your child knows you. Even though I cannot be there all the time to sooth her crying, or change her diaper, she does know who I am. She knows I fought so hard to give her the best chance at life. She knows how much I love her. And she finds true joy in having me near her. Only God could give me a moment like that today, and it was exactly what I needed. God is Good! He is here, watching over my baby girl, and I rest peacefully knowing He is protecting her every second of every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment