Wednesday, December 5, 2012

It is All in God's Plan

On November 9th, I am discharged from the hospital. This is the second time I will be coming home from giving birth without my baby in the back seat, as our third child was also a NICU baby. I will admit, it was easier this time. I know it will be a while before she comes home with me, but I am determined she will be coming home, just has her big brother Jackson did. Before I leave, the doctor gives me one more piece of information he feels I should know. I am questioning as to whether taking them both was the right decision and he makes sure I realize it was the "best decision he has ever made", and "truly a God thing." While we delivered in order to save Jacob's life, we ended up saving Juliet. It turns out that she had an abruption of the placenta, which means she was no longer getting blood, air or nutrients at all. It was amazing she was still alive at all, as she should have already been dead. Usually with a placental abruption, there is horrible pain and blood loss, neither of which I experienced. I did have a headache all morning, which could have been linked to the blood loss. No matter what, the timing of these two entering the world was God's timing. It also has given me a sense of peace knowing that Jacob's purpose in this life was to bring his sister to us, at the best time for her. He was never meant to stay here long, and I am thankful that he is now back with our Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment