Tuesday, August 27, 2013

We Have Come So Far

For Juliet's first birthday, I decided I was going to finish her scrapbook. I started a scrapbook for each of the them when I found out I was having twins. I have one page in it and that is the announcement that we were pregnant. I have not been able to bring myself to look at those books since my water broke with Jacob over a year ago. While it is hard to go through it all again, when the pain is still so strong, I need to do this. I need to finish this book for Juliet and for myself. I need to get the scary and sad parts done, so I can have fun doing all the pages of pictures of her now. I want to write it all down before I forget what it was like to be in the NICU for 119 days. But, thinking back over all she has been through, I cannot help but realize how much God did for us. She escaped the NICU  with no brain bleeds, no lasting affects of the NICU and just two medications!!! God protected her every step of the way, and I am truly grateful. But, she still struggled a lot. I remember when she almost flat lined and they had to bag her for a few minutes. I remember all the wires she was hooked up to and every monitor constantly keeping track of her every move. I think back and I don't know what I would do without all the nurses and doctors that took care of her. I am tearing up now just thinking about what they all mean to me. I will be forever grateful to each and every one of them. They will always be a part of our family. I remember how small she was when I saw her for the first time. It amazes me that she has come so far in just 9 months. I look forward to finishing up her book, and being able to put that past behind us, as we look forward to what God will bring into our lives next.
 5 days old
9 months old

No comments:

Post a Comment