Monday, September 9, 2013

10 Months Old Already?!?!?!?!

I cannot believe Juliet is 10 months old! She has come so far! Our little 1 pounder is really thriving and enjoying life! She is improving every day and we are so thrilled with her daily progress. We look forward to what 10 months brings. She is on the cusp of crawling, almost sitting and if she had it her way she would be standing all day! I know this month will be a big one for her, I can feel it!
This month is also a busy month. Her older brother started back to school and we are running more and more. We are also looking forward to our first NICU reunion! I cannot wait to show our girl off to the family we made while at St. David's. It will be exciting to get her back with all her friends as well as see the nurses and doctors again!

We are also preparing for lock down again. While Juliet is doing wonderful and she is healthy, she is still at a high risk as far as illnesses go. So, starting mid September, we will be house bound with our little peanut. She will no longer be allowed to be in public, until RSV season is over in March 2014. Yes, I know that is 6 months. While I am not looking forward to being stuck in our house for that long, the alternative is something I cannot think without tearing up. Our Juliet cannot get sick. I am not going to let my discomfort allow her to get sick and put back into the hospital. So, we will be home, A LOT!!! We will be washing hands, changing clothes, and most likely wearing surgical masks around her. But it is all worth it to get through this RSV season healthy. And this is the last time. Next year, her lungs will be strong enough to handle an infection if she were to get one. So we can do it. One last time.









No comments:

Post a Comment