Monday, September 9, 2013

Jacob's Bear

 We are so excited that Jacob's Molly Bear arrived! Molly Bears were created by a women, who lost her daughter Molly a few years ago. The mothers friend sent her a bear that weighed 3 lbs, but Molly weighed a little over 4 pounds. The mother so desperately wanted a bear that was the same weight as their daughter, so went to the store and filled the bear until it weighed exactly what Molly weighted. Now, she makes bears for other grieving parents to match the weight of their angle. Molly Bears is run off donations and only a parent can order the bear. However, anyone can donate. When I signed up in March, I was told the wait time was 16-20 months until I would get my Jacob bear. To my surprise, it showed up last week and is absolutely perfect. He weights exactly as Jacob did, and it brought back that feeling of holding my son for the first and last time. They put elephant buttons, a blue ribbon, and a pink heart to honor Juliet. I cannot tell you how nice it is to hug him when I am missing Jacob so badly. Juliet loves the bear too and has been fascinated with him. While I let the kids give Jacob Bear a hug, he sits on Jacob's shelf, next to his urn. It brings a smile to heart and tears to my eyes. I feel very blessed to be given a bear, made by another angel mommy. THANK YOU MOLLY BEARS!!
If you would like to donate to Molly Bears, please go check out their website to learn more and learn how to bring a healing bear to a grieving mommy.
www.mollybears.com






No comments:

Post a Comment