Monday, May 6, 2013

Siblings for Life

This is girl is so loved. Not only does she have her "big" brother in heaven watching over her, she has a big sister and 2 more big brothers keeping her safe here. I have never seen this kind of love. Our oldest Luke has had some great quotes about her already. Everywhere from "Mom, why is Taylor Swift singing about my sister?" to "Dad wont have to worry, I'll beat up any boy that tries to date her".  My favorite of all though, was something he said just the other day. I caught him just staring at her with so much love in his eyes. When I asked if there was something wrong, he simply said "Mom, she is so cute, I just want to make sure I know what she looks like in case God wants her back, just like Jacob". No sadness in his voice, just pure joy at the sight of his baby sister home. You cannot tell me children do not understand God. My little 6 year old has a better understanding and peace about what God is doing, than anyone I have ever met. I hope one day I will be like him. But for now, I am just so thankful that Juliet has a big brother like that.

2 comments:

  1. This blog made me cry. your children are so precious. especially when your 6 year old said he wanted to remember what she looked like if God decided to take her home like Jacob. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bethannie! I am very blessed!

    ReplyDelete