Tuesday, March 5, 2013

119 Days Later





Juliet is home! One hundred nineteen days after a scary delivery, we finally brought our little miracle home. Sunday was a wonderful day with lots of new beginning. First time she was outside, first time to ride in a car, first time seeing our house, and the first time she met her brothers and sister. But there were a lot of lasts too. The last time I sat and fed her in that chair by her bed. The last time I watched her monitors as they reassured me she was finally ok. The last time I scrubbed up, and walked past all those beds with babies. The final goodbyes from doctors, nurses, RT and fellow NICU moms. Juliet is adjusting well to the crazy life away from the hospital. We have waited for this day, and now that it is here, I cannot believe it. God has answered so many prayers throughout this journey, and is proving himself faithful every day. I know Juliet testimony will be a glorious one. But for now, we are just glad to have our baby girl home with us. Now the real work begins....

1 comment: