Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Grandpa

Three years ago, on February 28th, heaven gained a father, grandfather, husband and friend. He taught my husband, Brett what it meant to be loyal and loving. He taught Brett to work hard for what you want, and to use his mind in everything he did. He taught him to protect his family, and be a source of comfort and strength when someone needed him. He sacrificed for his family, and never put himself first. And I know when Jacob got to heavens gates, he was greeted by that man and "well done Son" I know my father in law is proud of my son, for Jacob's sole purpose here was a selfless one. He was called to bring is sister here to us. Today, I can see him sitting up there telling Jacob stories of his mom and dad. Enjoying time together as they patiently wait for us to join them. I miss my father-in-law, and I miss my son, but knowing they are together and waiting for me is a wonderful feeling. I will join them one day, in a place where there is no pain. Joining in Praise to the God of all! But until then, I ache. I cry for the loss I feel in my heart. Thank you Dad for raising the man who I could not get through this crazy life without. I am forever thankful. Enjoy time with your grandson, and I will see you again some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment