Sunday, November 18, 2012

Hospital Bed Rest

On October 26th, 2012, at 24 weeks gestation, I was admitted at St. David's Hospital in Austin TX, for the long haul. My doctor and I were planning a very uneventful and boring hospital stay. The first few days were not that at all. I was given steroid shots to help mature the babies lungs, and two different antibiotics. Unfortunately, I was allergic to one antibiotic, and it ended up burning my arm. I had a major bleed, which is common with pPROM, but still very scary as it can be a sign of a placental abruption. Thankfully, it quickly stopped and things slowed down. The first week was uneventful after that and I slowly got into a routine. We made it to 265weeks and things were looking great. I have ultrasounds twice a week, and the babies seemed very happy in there. On Monday, November 5th, we had an ultrasound that looked wonderful. Baby Jacob had more fluid, was growing well, and there was not a single placental abruption. My cervix was closed and we had no contractions. It looked like another uneventful week was on it's way.

No comments:

Post a Comment