Saturday, November 3, 2012

What am I going to do with TWINS???

After seeing those two heartbeats, everything changed in a second. My brain went into overdrive. What do I need? How am I going to take care of two newborns? Am I going to be able to nurse them? What is this going to cost? ... The questions went on and on, every second of every day. As I slowly realize this is God's plan, I begin to get excited about the thought of twins. We share the news with just our parents, as we have lost a few babies before to miscarriage. This does not last long, as I quickly begin to show. My pregnancy continues to go on with many symptoms. (everyone tries to make me feel better by telling me that is a good sign). By the way, nothing helps you feel better when you have your face in a toilet every day. Finally at 11 weeks, we get another ultrasound. We discover we have fraternal twins, and they are both doing amazing! They each have their own placenta and amniotic sack. This is the safest type of twin pregnancy there is. My morning sickness is going away, and we officially announce to our friends and extended family we are expecting twins. We set up an appointment to see a Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor (MFM) due to this pregnancy being high risk. Any twin pregnancy is high risk. I will admit, I was scared to death of having twins at first, but after seeing those two heartbeats, I cannot imagine our life without both precious babies in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment